Student Council Body
Student council comprises of the head boy, head girl, house captains, prefects & group of council members representing all four houses. Student Council gives children a chance to assume responsibility and enjoy a taste of leadership.
Students contesting for the elections- must be a student with a dynamic personality, regular and punctual in his/her work, with a good moral character. Students experience democracy & electronic voting as well as work committedly for what they have pledged.
The role or purpose of the student council:
- To plan special programs/events/projects for the students.
- To represent the school in varied events at the inter-school – state & national level.
- To Organize school events under the guidance of educator members.
- To volunteer in programmes for social cause.
- To motivate co-students in keeping the school flag flutter high.
Benefits of Students Council & House System for Students:
- It allows students to have an opportunity to interact with students from all grade levels.
- It increases opportunities for student leadership.
- It allows students to participate in a variety of activities that are non-academic and non-athletic.
- It is a great way to know more people outside of the classroom setting.
- It can be a source of positive peer-pressure and motivation that can have a positive effect in the classroom.
- Studies show that schools with house systems have happier students and have more school spirit.